Who follows the blog already knows, how much I love the easy-breezy, quick, free of gluten-dairy-sugar desserts.
In today’s post, I am sharing an AMAZING, raw, dairy, sugar, gluten and soy-free vegan chocolate mousse cake that will make you drool even from looking at it!
The only thing you need to prepare with is to soak the cashews and the macadamia nuts for 2 hours before making it.
Before I tell you about how to make the cake, let me share the story of my latest recipe book that I just recently bought!
As a matter of fact, it is funny and somewhat crazy how many times it came across with me before. I saw it at more places; I was told it is an excellent book, the previous one from this author became a New York best-seller, so I kinda figured it must be a good one too. I never bought it for some reason, though, until now. A couple of months ago I was doing a 3-week vegan diet by my favorite wellness guru, Kris Carr and even she recommended it.
Have you ever felt like this cannot be a coincidence if you keep bumping into something over and over again!?
It is a cookbookwith full of vegetarian, plant-based meals, more than 100 of them. Most of them are from healthy and gluten-free ingredients. Furthermore, there are staples and home-made sides in it too, but most importantly (at least for me haha) it has better and better SWEETS in it! 😉
Oh, I didn’t mention the title yet??! It is the glorious Oh She Glows Every Day from the lovely Angela Liddon!
So long story short, I finally bought it after seeing it in a bookstore AGAIN. The funny thing, I just went there with K. because he wanted to buy something for himself and then I saw it! I was like, OKAY this is not a joke anymore, I have to buy this book, it is calling me!:)
At this link, you can buy it for half-price on Amazon, compared to most bookstores btw.
In fact, many people think, that if someone is a vegetarian, eats salad only. Well, I gotta disappoint you, NOPE, they don’t only eat greens, like a little rabbit. There is a huge scale of variations for plant-based eating, such as; soups, stews, one-pots, and so on. Some creativity and an open mind are needed for trying new things, and that’s all.
I will list all the ingredients for a full batch; something will appear twice, don’t worry you will see why;)
I made half batch this time (silly me, it was so good that I needed to make another one the following day)
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews, drained
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave or sweetener of choice (I used organic maple syrup and some stevia)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup almond or oat flour (I used quinoa and coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Medjool dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
BTW, if you wanna shop for half of the retail price online, I found a great store, called Thrive Market. If you sign up through THIS LINK, you can get 15% off!
For the mousse:
- Combine the first six ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and thick. Cover, freeze, and you can start making the other part of the cake.
- Mix the cashews and macadamia nuts in a food processor until crumb-like. You might have to do this in 2 batches, depending on your food processor size.
- Add the remainder of ingredients into the processor and pulse until you get a smooth dough form.
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper. Place the dough in a pan and pat down until it forms into the pan. Freeze for 25 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the pan and gently cut into 1/2 slices.
- Top it with chocolate mousse and cover with another cake slice.
- Freeze again.
I took it out too early from the freezer. Therefore, I couldn’t cover it with the other half of the cake. Instead, I just poured the mousse on the whole dough. I left if in the freezer for the night, and placed it in the fridge, a couple of hours before serving it.
You can decorate it with melted chocolate and blueberries!
Enjoy! (and get ready to make another batch pretty soon;))
*This post may contain affiliate links for products I love. This means I earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of these links. For my full disclaimer, click here.*