In today’s post, I am sharing a GREAT and super-delicious Salted Chocolate Hemp Shake.
I recently purchased the “Oh She Glows Every Day“ cookbook by Angela Liddon, and I love it!! I have already tried a couple of things from it. I will keep posting the best ones, starting with this yummy, perfect idea for breakfast!
Recently I have breakfast every other day, or when I go to my yoga class (crawling tummy is not the best mate on a class, haha). On other days I usually fast with an energizing coffee with butter and coconut oil. ( I will write about it more soon)
Why do I recommend trying this shake for you?
Well, first of all, the hemps-seeds are a fabulous Omega 3 and protein source, the banana is an excellent potassium source. There is also cocoa powder in it, which is extremely high in antioxidants, and a longevity food.
All these in one cup makes a nutrient-rich, YWMA (YOU WILL MAKE IT AGAIN;)) dessert I promise. (I know, we LOOOOVE desserts, right?!)
In addition, this one is vegan, gluten-free, nut, dairy, and soy-free!
The original recipe is for two servings, but I made only one for me, myself and I haha:)
Ingredients For 2 servings:
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (I used macadamia nut milk)
- 1 large frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 3 or 4 large pitted Medjool dates or 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoons coconut butter or nut butter (I used Ghee butter, it was really nice with that too)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ice cubes (For me it was cold enough with the frozen bananas, but maybe on a summer day the ice cubes make it even better)
Just put everything in the blender, blend it until smooth and voila, you have a super delicious, super easy, filling, HEALTHY shake!
Leave a comment if you try it, I am eager to see if you like it!